Graduate Engineer Trainee (Hong Kong)
In Onwards Media Group, we always strive to nurture future leaders. We are now offering an opportunity for graduates with computer science or engineering background to join our young and talented software engineering team with mentorship from industry experts and visionaries, and the first step to an exciting career in one of the most promising industries.
During the 2-year programme, you will be exposed to multiple facets of modern technologies including:
- Multimedia technologies including video streaming, encoding and other advanced media processing techniques
- Mobile and web app development
- Big data analytics, deep learning and other cognitive algorithms
- DevOps, clustering and cloud technologies
- 1-month training in engineering concepts, discipline and modern software development methodology and process
- Rotation between our engineering teams with specific in-depth training and assignments, 3 to 6 months each
- Join one of the project teams for complete solution development
We are looking for IVE or university graduates in the year 2017 or 2018, in Computer Science, Information Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related disciplines.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be given a permanent role in one of our engineering teams where you can further develop your expertise in.
To apply, simple send a cover letter with your school project experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior / Software Engineer
In order to accelerate our Research & Development efforts in our Hong Kong office, we are looking for young talents with fresh ideas and passion for video technology and entertainment to join our diverse team. The focus will be on enhancing our core product, working with partners in new areas such as Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud technologies, video technologies and other client applications.
- Implement high performance large scale video platform that utilizes state-of-the-art technologies.
- Research new technologies and software systems.
- Work closely with business development and product team on product roadmap planning.
- Work closely with Integration and front-end team on architecture, development and product delivery.
- Collaborate with the Technical Support team to address customer issues.
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines
- Good to have knowledge in video technologies
- Good to have knowledge in: Big Data, Computer Vision, Virtual Reality
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- A technology enthusiast
Successful candidates will have opportunities to gain experience in the following areas:
- Media codec such as H265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC), MPEG2, AAC, MVC, SVC…
- Media delivery protocol/format such as HLS, DASH, MPEGTS…
- Digital Right Management (DRM)
- High performance system design. e.g. Lock-free programming, communicating sequential processes…
- Distributed and reliable system design.
- Cloud and CDN technologies.
- Test automation technologies.
- AGILE development.
Qualified and Interested candidates, please forward your latest and updated resume to: email@example.com